Monday, September 1, 2008

The Official Birthday Review

Yesterday was my official birthday although I fell like I've been celebrating it for quite a while this year.

Background Info...
In Jim's line of work the 31st of every month is a magical do or die day for the customers which means no vacation, no calling in, no exceptions! So hear you have Prince Charming's flaw... (I'm sure you've been wondering what it could possible be.) he is bound to work on my birthday. This of course 1. makes him feel incredibly guilty each year although I assure him my mom and sister love the opportunity to step in & 2. gives me an extra day to celebrate with Jim.

Back to the birthday...
I had plans to get together with Mom, Buffy, and Kakes yesterday after Kakes nap. When I woke up I decided to go to Target, I wasn't sure what I needed but I could hear something calling. I was in the dressing room finding three cute tops when Buffy called to tell me that Kakes, the brilliant, was already up from her nap and ready to go. She had adjusted her sleep schedule to get together earlier than expected.

We headed to Which Wich? in Westgate for lunch. Which Wich? like which sandwich is a cute little place that I had tried 4 months ago and decided I need come to on my birthday for the Elvis sandwich. Peanut butter, banana, and honey! You can see why this sandwich should be reserved for special occasions.


My mom brought along a box of M&M's for Kakes. Kakes has about 10 words down firmly and M&M is one of them! We gave her the whole box to see what she would do. She studied it for a minute and said, "Nona M&M" It was hilarious!


We walked around for a little bit and found ourselves in Cold Stone Creamery. Kakes and I both chose Blueberry Muffin Batter as our flavor.


By the end of this adventure Kakes was covered in purple ice cream! Buffy's response. "You did such a good job with you spoon1" How cute is that? Not you are so messy, you did a good job with your spoon! Buff's all about giving Kakes experiences she says she can clean up messes later.


Kakes and I were both tired at this point. We headed home. After a little school work and a nap I couldn't believe it when I heard the garage opening around 3! Jim wasn't due home until 8. His boss sent him home with a birthday card for me thanking me for giving him up for more than 30 hours over the past 3 days. I thought it was cute. Jim clearly need a nap but we were still able to get dinner together and watch most of Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone (Clearly my pick) before going to bed. It was a great surprise!


Among my most exciting gifts were my polka dot rain boots and my new skull lap top case! Yes, I know I live in Arizona and don't need rain boots, that's probably why I 've always wanted them. Notice how my laptop case has been enhanced with cool pins all the way up the strap. Yes, this was my 32nd birthday and I got a skull laptop case and added buttons to it.


I have tons of cool and generous friends and family who gave lots of cool surprises but have to share just a few of my other treasures! As I was gathering just a few to photograph I detected a theme:)


I'll be adventuring with Jim again today too!

1 comment:

Dawn @ alteredartists said...

Happy Birthday Jeane! You are a lucky woman to keep on celebrating! So hope to see you soon. Hmmm, What Halloween Book Surprises have you been working on...Did you finish Breaking Dawn? and I love buttercream frosting too!
~Dawn