Monday, October 15, 2007

Cardinals Football


Yesterday, Jim & I went to watch the Arizona Cardinals take on the Carolina Panthers in the University of Phoenix Stadium. (How's that for drama?) Really though, it was my first time in the stadium, which was amazing, and the first football game I have been to since college. The sad part of that statement is that I didn't go to very many football games in college because the fanfair at one NAU game was slightly less than I was used to at one Peoria High School game. I guess that's the difference between having a good team record and a mediocre one. Anyway, I digress.

After walking around the entire stadium to check everything out we settled into our seats and I learned some interesting facts about the University of Phoenix Stadium by reading the Kickoff Magazine prior to game time. Did you know that there are/is.... 12 family restrooms, 29 men's restrooms and 32 woments restrooms in the stadium? enough air conditioning to cool 2,300 valley homes? 900 miles of concrete in the construction of the stadium, enough to make a sidewalk from here to LA? The list goes on and on, really. Another fun fact is that Phoenix Magazine voted the name of the stadium as one of Phoenix's worst decision in 2007. I read that in Phoenix magazine not the Kickoff magazine. And finally, to answer your question, no, I did not see anyone else actually reading the Kickoff Magazine but there must have been someone or why else would they print them for every game?

No comments: