It has been such a long week with no time to blog but, don't worry, here are the highlights:
1. Girls night out was an adventure to Phoenix City Grill. I was excited to visit PCG again. The last time I was their Buffy was busy delivering Baby Kakes and while the restaurant was great I could not give it my undivided attention as I was off daydreaming in Auntie Land. Amber was able to join Ayesha, Deb, and I and that is always fun. We love Amber. Lucky for us she gets to join us again next week as Prince Charming a.k.a. Peter will be out of town on business.
2. I finished my Have Some heART chunky book pages. It's a little hard to tell but the top layer has a diagram of a real heart and the Quote , which I adore, says, "I read once that the ancient Egyptians has fifty words for sand & the Eskimos had a hundred words for snow. I wish I had a thousand words for love, but all that comes to and is the way you move against me while you sleep & there are no words for that." I'm not sure who said it but I found it on a lovely site called Story People that has the best compilation of quotes ever.
3. I visited Frenzy Stamper today for my ATC monthly swap. The swap was fun and I also decided I had to sign up for Kelly Kilmer's last class on Sunday. Ah, that's right I get to spend all day Friday, Saturday, and Sunday making art with Kelly. Now, here's the super cool part!!! My mom just called to tell me she had emailed Kelly to offer to help her with a sewing project and get this a) we are making dinner plans while she is in AZ and b) she will be working with us in an upcoming project. HELLO! I am trying not to be starstruck but I am a little and even if fI wasn't I'd be so excited because she is super cool, has excellent taste in art supplies, is a great artist, and a great teacher.
4. My mom surprised me by ordering a set of Pilot Latte Gel Pen for me which came in the mail last night and I recieved today. I am so spoiled and lucky to have a mom who understands art supplies and is fast to act on them. Kelly mentioned them on her web site a couple of days ago and just for the record they are sold out now. (I will be playing with them following this post.)
5. My first issue of Juxtapoz Magazine came in the mail today!
6. I got to finally meet the little Boxer who lives down the street (and is a great escape artist!) She dad been to visit Jim twice when I was not home and I had only seen her in cell phone pictures. In a weird twist of fate one of our neighbors had her and asked us to take her until we could find the owners because her cat did not like her a a guest. As the neighbor was hanging up found dog signs she heard the owner whistling for her. I'm glad she got to visit but was happy she found her owner. He was excited and you should have seen her tail!
If you take the politics of work out of the mix it was a great week!