Saturday, February 16, 2008

T is for Woven Transparencies


I added the final touches to the pages for my alphabet swap this morning. I had the letter "T". If you're having trouble seeing the page it's because the page is made of woven transparencies. I did add one line of and old film real that I picked up at somewhere. The letter "T" is even die cut from a decorated transparency.
This layout was much more difficult than I originally thought it would be. I think working on a clear background siked me out for a while but I like the way it turned out. I was able to use lots of different joining techniques with the transparencies.
Using all of the small transparency strips was also tricky because they were slick and would slide all over my desk. The only reason this was difficult is because Bently, the art dog, was standing under my desk trying to catch falling transparencies lite the were tasty little dog treats. Luckily she didn't get her teeth on too many good pieces but she had fun with the garbage.

No comments: