Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Introducing...

the altered deck! I took this class about a year ago from, you guessed it...Kelly! The idea was to make an altered deck of loose cards similar to journal pages that were all housed in one cute place. As with mnay times that I make a new "journal" I was in the middle of a different one at the time and it had to wait it's turn. I played around with some of the cards this summer but am now fully committed to seeing it through to the end. :) You may remember from an earlier post that I was working on some of the cards at the last Kelly weekend and I even made it a real cover this weekend so It is official and everything!

The Cover



The side view so you can really get the idea. :)



A few cards

6 comments:

marilyn said...

Thanks for the side view. That helped me fiqure out what you were talking about. How is it constucted? Love this idea. Thanks again for sharing.

Kelly Kilmer said...

Can I just tell you how much I LOVE the cover to your card deck?!?!?!?!

Sandy said...

I love this type of journaling and the way you put it together is great. As usual wonderful pages.

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Oh! I love this!! I have never heard of journaling cards, in a "deck" like this! Have I been under a rock??! This will have to be my next project, after Kelly's journaling class...and after my journals have their turn...! I am excited! ~Kathy

Sharon said...

WOW!! These are great. I sure like this idea and have ever since I bought Randi Feuerhelm-Watts, "Wide Open", a couple of years ago. Maybe I need to work on cards. Fun!!

Jeane Frizzell said...

This box was constructed like a book cover but instead of sewing pages into the spine it has a piece of canvas that wraps around it to hold it together.