Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My weekend adventure!

After school tomorrow I am heading to the Arizona Art Education Association Conference in Prescott. Not only do the temperatures promise to be a high of 80 and a low of 53 which will be a nice break but We will be at a camp, and I'm signed up for tons of fun classes!

Friday
Pinhole Photography- learning to make a pinhole camera and darkroom in your classroom
Blogging in the Art Classroom
Mobiles- learning to build kinetic mobile sculptures

Saturday
Glass Fusing in the Classroom
Critique-E-Man- making art critique exciting
Dying Paper Towel- presented by me!

I'm sure they have tons of other crazy activities planned and there will be tons of art teachers from my district and it's always nice to get to "know" them because we get together so rarely. (This year we are lucky to have five meetings.) Yay Art!

Speaking of Yay Art-this year's conference theme is "Back to the ELEMENTS...but we haven't lost our PRINCIPLES" (because art teachers teach the elements and principles of art). After I explained it to Jim, he responded, "Does that camp your going to know they are going to have a bunch of geeky art teachers running around?" It will be great!

1 comment:

Kelly Kilmer said...

OH WOW!! This sounds SO cool!!! Have a great ARTFUL weekend and come back and tell us all about it!!!!!!!