Sunday, January 3, 2010

Back To It

Tomorrow I am back to school. You'd think I'd be ready to go but I just keep thinking of all the thing I need to get done it is always overwhelming (Especially when you finally sit down to write your lesson plans only to discover you left your notebook with all your research for the next unit at school over break. Oops! reason #991 not to wait until the last minute for planning.) The funny part is that I can count on the kids being ready to be back and telling me how much they missed art for the last two weeks and then me wondering to myself how I couldn't be ready to be back yet. :)

Today was back to reality for sure. Laundry, cleaning, school work, etc. The good news from today is that my phone did dry out! Yay! I was talking to Deb and about 15 minutes into the conversation the volume magically returned to normal. The bad news is that Jim and I went to watch UFC fights last night at a sports bar and he accidentally left his wallet behind somehow. He realized it about an hour later we went back and it was gone. Luckily I had won all of his cash from him betting on the UFC fights, (Yeah that's how I roll.) and we were able to call and cancel all the cards before they had been used and now although it is/was a lot of busy work, fingers crossed, we should be back to square one by the end of the week.

Oh, and here's a little art too...

3 comments:

Sandy said...

So sorry about Jim loosing his wallet, what a hassle that is. Glad you got everything taken care of.

Great pages. I'm with you on the school return. Although I don't have to return I do have to get up early in the morning in the cold and bring the teen to the bus stop and it's going to be really cold in the a.m. here. The 2 weeks off flew by.

I'm sure the kids won't mind that you didn't plan anything for them for tomorrow, they'll be so excited to tell you what they got for Christmas. Hope you have a great day.

Sharyn said...

Loving the journal pages. Since Cricut can make such cool stuff I just might need one!

Happy to hear a good wallet outcome :)

jane eileen said...

Jeane's mom said...I am glad you are having so much fun with your Cricut.
xoheartp,
MH