Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Treasures 4 Teachers Adventure

We have this cool place called Treasures 4 Teachers in Arizona where teachers who have a membership can go get lots of great stuff for their classroom either really, really cheap or for free. All of the items their have been donated and you never know what you'll find but it's like and art teachers dream. I have had several project ideas in mind but always thought I'd never be able to save up enough supplies for an entire grade level and then I found Treasures 4 Teachers. :) (I see about 650 kids a week so I plan to have about 150 of each item that I use for a project.)

This year I got really lucky when Treasures 4 Teachers received a grant and was able to give 50 free memberships to teachers in schools who received 301 money from the government. (I will of course have to renew my membership when it expires because this place is that good!)

My mom and I went last Thursday and I found so much great stuff! I got about 100 desk calendars for the kids to use as glue mats (It will be so much easier to grab a calendar to glue on and just rip of the page when it is too gluey that what we were doing before!), tons of metal robot supplies, loads of great stuff for printing including tons of plastic lids in lots of sizes (Yea, I don't have to save them all summer!), a bunch of labels for the kids to use to make stickers, oh I could go on forever. LOL! The shopping trip was fun and the sorting at home was fun too but next time I will take my Zip lock bags with me and have things sorted from get go. :) Here is some of the loot.

2 comments:

jane eileen said...

Jeane's mom said...
And what fun those 3 hours were, even though my car wondered what happened to it hauling all the extra weight home. Paper is heavy!
xoheartp,
MH

Kelly Kilmer said...

I love the comment that that is only SOME of the loot.

*jaw drops*