Sunday, October 21, 2007

A Day With Kelly


To celebrate my last official day of break I spent the day taking classes at Frenzy Stamper with Kelly Kilmer. First from 10-4 we made this amazing the amazing tape journal to the right. It is hard to understand the magnitude of its fabulousness from this picture but I love it! Painting all of the pages and playing with all of Kelly's fun decorative tapes was a blast. I am now a tape junkie and will be looking for decorative tape everywhere.

Next, from 5-7 I took a class called Composition and Design 101. Don't be fooled by the name this class was built for all ability levels. I made several great collages that I can continue to add to right in my tape journal. The three below are my favorites and I especially love the one with the Mehndi hands on it. before this class I never would have used so many colors or textures together. I was surprised how well it works and how much I loved it. I'm already itching to work in my book.

4 comments:

ayesha said...

i saw it in person! yay!

feistyelizabeth said...

I don't think it's fair you got all the creative genes before I had a chance at them. You could have saved me one or two.

Oh yah, PLEASE take Star Jones off your blog. Don't make me disown you... Baby Kakes needs her Auntie! (That was low, wasn't it?? This is what I must resort to when it comes to matters of Star Jones though.)

Kelly Kilmer said...

Hey Jeane,
It was great seeing you in the classes!!!
I apologize for forgetting to answer your crayon question!!! Ack-how embarrassing!!
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to email me. :)
*LOVE* your pages!!!

ayesha said...

buffy hates star jones! hilarious!