Sunday, June 15, 2008

Bowling State

Today was Jim's assigned day to bowl the state tournament in Tucson. He was bowling team, individual, and pairs all today. That's a lot of bowling in one day! I woke up at 3:45 and we were on the road just before 5:00 to be to Tuscon in time for the first event.

I always have a lot of fun at bowling tournaments. Not a lot of wives usually go to tournaments as most people have a limit of time they are willing to spend in a bowling alley in one day. I on the other hand am always worried that I will miss something if I don't go. I am also happy to take along a few interesting activities to tun in and out of the tournament as I see fit. Today I finished my Girly Girl ATC's for next weekends swap, finished reading Happy VooDoo Gris Gris, read the entire issue of Cloth Paper Scissors Studios special edition, and most of the Spring 2008 Artful Blogging. It was nice to catch up on so much good reading I've been meaning to get to.


The highlight of the trip was that we discovered Tucson still has Eegee restaurants. I was ecstatic! If you have never met Eegee's it is a sandwich shop that serves fries basically but the best is the Eegee. An Eegee is a tasty frozen slushy that you eat with a spoon. Occasionally you'll find a small fruit chunk if you are lucky. But you are bound to end up with a colorful mouth!



I should also say Happy Father's Day! Right this minute my dad is in the middle of a motorcycle ride to Alaska and back! He is in Alaska today, heading home soon. You can see his blog about his adventures here.

Last but not least, Happy Birthday Buffy! My little sister turned 30 today I can't believe it!

3 comments:

Learning to Golf said...

Thanks for the Dads Day wishes Jeane. It is great up here in the North! I love you guys.

Anonymous said...

I hear your little sister is HOT!

: )

Anonymous said...

Nice Tounge.

~ Memoe AKA Maddie