Thursday, July 23, 2009

How Things Are Coming Together

You know it's serious when it is hard to fall asleep because you are thinking about art projects non stop. I have been doing a lot of experimenting the last few days. I have lots to think about with my online classes with Kelly Kilmer and Dina Wakley and then add in a little Heidi Swapp from last weekend and I'm reeling! My brain is trying to figure out how to mesh everything and I'm loving it. Here a few experiments from today.


This week I've discovered...
- Portfolio water soluble oil Pastels are my favorite tool around page corners. It is unbelievable to me how much hey can add and I love how soft and squishy they are. (I don't love them as much filing in area that have been masked and sprayed.)



- I love masks even more than I thought I did!
- Their is a huge difference between alcohol ink, and ink pad ink, and liquid watercolor-DUH! This discovery (that I shouldn't have had to discover) took lots of playing with my mini misters to figure out.
- I might be addicted to spray ink!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

WOW! I looove your new creations!!!! Soooo awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

love these pages! So vivid!
Steph

Dina said...

Wow...fantastic!