Saturday, July 26, 2008

Two Fun Days

Yesterday was a great day. I stayed in my PJ's reading and working on art projects until two in the afternoon when I was forced into the shower so that I cold be decent to go buy New Moon, the sequel to Twilight.

I'm not the type of person who can just sit around usually, I'm always on the go. It's the one thing that makes Jim crazy. He's always saying, "Can't you just relax for a little while." so yesterday surprised him a little bit. I was super excited to get back to Twilight and did not put it down until I thought I couldn't read any longer without falling asleep- not from the plot but I just don't sit well. I was also anxious to make a Halloween garland for Deb, who decorates for Halloween in August (Yes, really), with the paper I got At Frenzy.



Satisfied with the outcome of the Halloween garland I went back to my book. The publisher of the Twilight series is very smart! At the end of each book they also publish the first chapter of the next book in the series. Of course it was a nail biter and I had to get New Moon right that second so that I would know what had happened to the main characters before I was scheduled to meet up with Ayesha, Deb, and Ben for dinner. Deb loved her garland and convinced Ben it was close enough to August and he eventually agreed that she could hang it already.

Today was hair day, which is always fun, but today I got to give Buffy and Kakes there Adore book. Kakes appreciated the giraffe tissue paper it was wrapped in and Buffy loved the book.

I had my hair styled diffrently and I love the way it turned out. (You can kind of see it in the photo below.) After Buffy, Kakes, Mom, Shannon, and I all had our hair done we went to lunch. The best part was watching Kakes try to feed herself the dessert. Sure I was holding her but Buffy agreed to this. Buffy loves to give Kakes all kinds of experiences even if they make her messy and tired. While I'm sure Kakes was learning about how to feed herself we were all enjoying the experience as well.



After getting home from Mesa I was ready for a nap and then I was back to reading. For the benefit of those of you who are keeping track of my reading progress I'll say I'm about 150 pages into New Moon and am missing Edward. I think I read much more quickly when he is around.

1 comment:

Dawn @ alteredartists said...

I feel your pain, it is agonizing being without Edward. I read New Moon in one day because I was so distraught. The author reccomends re-reading New Moon when you are done because she says readers may overlook important details in their longing for Edward. sigh
Glad you are enjoying the series, I just mailed a copy to my 94 year old grammy, can't wait for her response.
Why are you reading this??? You should be reading about Bella and Edward??!!!!
toodles,
Steph